COVID Travel Information Policy 2020 – Updated May 2023
Our private transfer service for 1-13 pax is great for anyone wanting maximum social distancing.
There are no Queensland Public Health Directions in effect. Travellers are encouraged to continue with the same health precautions they used when flying into Cairns.
- Bookings made are always 100% transferable IF you contact our office more than 48 hours before travel. Alternatively, our standard cancellation fees apply.
- Shuttles are cleaned and sanitised regularly.
- Masks are voluntary in our vehicles, and inside Cairns Airport. Travellers are encouraged to continue the same precautions they felt comfortable with when flying into Cairns.
As with any travel now there is a responsibility on passengers to not travel when unwell, or if becoming unwell during travel, to adapt their plans or consider how they may minimise contact with other passengers or travellers while they feel unwell.
Cancellations including COVID Cancellations
How to apply? Please review below then email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your PPT PortPrivateTransfers.com.au booking number.
- Your request for 100% credit OR
- Your request for refund less cancel fees (see below) – the choice is yours
- If refund, please include your Australian BSB, account number and account name*
- Please allow 5 business days for us to process your refund and a further 1-2 days for receipt of refund. We will email you a receipt at the moment we process your refund.
* (This is because we do not store credit card details after processing payments. We process credit cards via 2 step authentication from an online vault, and then delete details to protect your information. Please only supply Australian bank details as we cannot refund to an overseas bank account, and instead will advise separate process for international refunds).
Border closures and hotspot declarations have come and gone. While people can now travel freely, the impacts for our business when people cancel remain the same. Our commitment to deliver employment to our 20+ drivers; also 20+ vehicles which are registered and insured and on the road; bank fees charged by banks when we process each individual booking but fees which are not refunded by banks when we refund; airport access fees paid per shuttle not per person, as well as stocks of child seats and boosters purchased, cleaned and maintained. These are all fixed, underlying costs of our business, additional to fuel and hourly wages, which cost our business as a result of cancellations beyond everyone’s control. Our eight years + cancel fee system helps our business redeliver or refund your journey, and helps us mitigate fixed costs associated with every booking made then lost due to factors beyond everyone’s control.
We thank all our passengers for your support over the past three years enabling us to continue to connect travellers between Cairns and Port Douglas.
Cancellation of existing seat in shared bus booking options available:
Fees and refund delivery are from our long standing cancel fees at clause F Cancellation fees:
Terms and Conditions
Private transfer and limousine cancellations
- $30 cancel fee for one way private transfer or limousine cancellation over 24 hours, or
- $50 cancel fee for return private transfer or limousine cancellation over 24 hours, or
- $100 under 24 hours cancellation, however for bookings advising us of cancellation less than 24 hours before arrival due to border closure; hotspot declaration; or advice that you or someone in your group has contracted COVID or must isolate (‘COVID Cancellations’) we will apply the standard one way or return transfer fees at point 1 and 2 above.
- 100% rollover for 12 months for COVID Cancellations advising us of cancellation less than 24 hours before arrival. We will happily allocate your booking a credit on our system. You will keep the same booking reference.
- If cancelling a credit once issued, the same cancel fees will apply.
Need to rebook using your 100% credit? See here.
Our phone is 07 3354 1323, and our office hours are 9:00am to 5pm daily.
Paul, Visnja, and the team around PortPrivateTransfers.com.au and CairnsAirportShuttle.net affiliates